|Family and Friends|
NAMI Family & Friends is a 4-hour seminar that informs and supports people who have loved ones with a mental health condition. Participants will learn about diagnoses, treatment, recovery, communication strategies, crisis preparation and NAMI resources. Seminar leaders have personal experience with mental health conditions in their families.
2018 Workshop Dates
Workshops are free, but registration is required. Register here for the dates listed below. Clicking this link will take you to NAMI National’s website where you will type in a zip code to locate these workshops.
- Saturday, August 25 from 1 – 5 p.m. at St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church (1520 N Railroad Avenue)
- Saturday, November 3 from 1 – 5 p.m. at Mulva Clinic – Dell Medical School (1701 Trinity Street)
For more information, email Megan Alvarado, Community Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Travis County Jail
Workshops at Travis County Jail
- Sunday, August 12 from 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 21 from 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 9 from 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Workshops at the Travis County Correctional Complex are for family and friends of loved ones with mental health issues who are currently incarcerated at the Travis County Jail or have been previously incarcerated. Otherwise, these workshops are closed to the public.
To register for one of these workshops, you will need to email Tiffany Taylor at email@example.com or call at (512) 854-6615.
Any questions about the program should be directed to Megan Alvarado, Community Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.